Links - September 22, 2016
So much for making an effort to post more consistently… 🙄
- Beyond the iPhone Ben Thompson - Stratechery
A few weeks have vindicated Ben’s comments. While everyone was thinking about the missing headphone jack, this article explained the latest iPhone release for what it most likely is: set up.
- The Age of the Wordless Logo Kalle Oskari Mattila - The Atlantic
- Deep Exploration Into Python: Let’s Review The Dict Module Andrew Kelleher - BuzzFeed Tech Blog
In python, everything is a dict. Understanding how they work is really important, beyond the basic idea of hashing keys and mapping to values. This article by should be required reading.
- Things which aren't magic - Flask and @app.route - Part 1 Ainsley Escorce-Jones
I have been helping a friend level up his python recently, focusing on web development with Flask. One of his first questions? “What does @app.route, do?”
- Why Silicon Valley is all wrong about Apple’s AirPods Chris Messina - Medium
Apple, the fashion company.
- Vote as if It Matters Paul Krugman - The New York Times
- Uncertainty Wednesday: Reality, Explanations, Observations Albert Wenger - Continuations
Part two was also really good, and I am very much looking forward to the rest of the series.
- The Morality of Surge Pricing Russ Roberts - Medium
- Making up Ground 99% Invisible
- The Takeover Reply All (Podcast)