Links - April 18, 2016
- How Burrowing Owls Lead To Vomiting Anarchists (Or SF’s Housing Crisis Explained) Kim Mai Cutler - TechCrunch
A deep dive into the history (and disaster) of the San Francisco housing crisis.
- In Cramped and Costly Bay Area, Cries to Build, Baby, Build Conor Dougherty - New York Times
Politicians in the San Francisco Bay Area are getting pulled in every direction, this NYT article tries to explain some of the complexities involved. In a strange coincidence, this article came out roughly a week after I read Kim-Mai’s article, linked above.
- School Is To Submit Overcoming Bias - Robin Hanson
- Machine Learning Meets Economics Nicolas Kruchten - Datacratic MLDB
- Growing a Nation Won't Always Grow Its Economy Noah Smith - Bloomberg View
When I tweeted at him asking for resources to understand the math behind this research, Noah recommended reading this pdf. To be honest, I haven’t had time for it yet.
- Domino's: Pizza and Payments Paul Price
- The Sacrificial Pancake Neal Sales-Griffin
A great analogy that prompts us to get started, knowing that, most likely, we’ll fail at first.
- Cellmates Radiolab (Podcast)
- Richard Jones on Transhumanism EconTalk (Podcast)
Like what you see? Sign up below: