Links - March 9, 2016
- In San Francisco and Rooting for a Tech Comeuppance David Streitfeld - The New York Times
In a way, it is surreal to be living this first hand, knowing that I am part of the problem. How long can SF keep going without a policy change?
- Valley VCs Sit on Cash, Forcing Startups to Dial Back Ambition Lizette Chapman - Bloomberg Business
As Ben and James have discussed in the last few episodes of Exponent, this is not a bubble. It is a bifurcation.
- Millions of ordinary Americans support Donald Trump. Here's why. Thomas Frank - The Guardian
Very related to yesterday’s Noah Smith article on Bernie, and last week’s Stratechery on “The Voters Decide”. Both Trump and Sanders appeal to a population that is not addressed by mainstream media.
- Why the poor pay more for toilet paper, and just about everything else Emily Badger - The Washington Post
- The Data Sleuths of San José Christian Caryl - Foreign Policy
I remember these events from when I was a kid, and it really interesting to see them exposed here again, a decade later, when I can actually understand them and their implications. I wonder what kind of data is available today, in Costa Rica and elsewhere, just waiting to be analyzed to uncover other schemes like these.
Like what you see? Sign up below: